Monday, April 2, 2007

Risk: Anais Nin

And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took
to Blossom.

I feel like I'm getting there. It's amazing the constant challenge to reasses, be honest with yourself, over and over and over checking to make sure that you're being true to yourself. Or true to myself. I try to avoid the shoulds and then find that I've gathered more new shoulds while avoiding the old.

I don't want to remain tightly held in bud. I want to blossom, fully; to be exuberant and gorgeously flawed.

Walking that narrow edge between safety and danger. Risking too little, then sometimes too much. Growth is painful, no matter what age I am.

Mostly, it's the day-in and day-out task of forgiving myself for being imperfect, tired, uninspired, faulty. What's that new pop psychology phrase? Radical self-acceptance? Right. I'll try.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a pretty good one, Miss Daphne. Every time I show up at one of pages of writing, I feel lucky to know you.

xo,
s.